Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP) stock is rocketing higher on Friday following the company’s initial public offering (IPO) yesterday.
Let’s dive into everything investors need to know about Knightscopre following its IPO.
- First off, note that today’s rise in price has shares recovering from a fall yesterday.
- The Knightscope IPO priced shares of KSCP stock at $10 each.
- However, that price quickly dropped following its public debut on Thursday.
- That resulted in the company’s stock sitting at $5.91 when the closing bell rang yesterday.
- Knightscope’s main focus is on Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs).
- These are robots that are able to go on security patrols without the need for a pilot.
- They also offer real-time data and act as a physical presence that can provide information to security teams faster.
- The robots are made in the U.S. and serve customers in the country.
- That includes patrolling parking lots, shopping malls, hospitals, and business campuses.
- There are a variety of models available with cheaper options for customers that don’t require mobility.
- Knightscope claims that its ASRs result in a 46% decrease in reported crime.
- William Li and Stacy Stephens founded the company in 2013.
- The two were inspired by 9/11, as well as the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, to create a new type of security for customers.
- A major benefit of the ASRs is their ability to report suspicious activities, as well as scan license plates.
- Trading today has some 5 million shares of KSCP stock changing hands.
KSCP stock is up 53.6% as of Friday afternoon.
There’s more stock market news for investors to sink their teeth into below!
We’re offering up a platter of the latest stock news for hungry traders today. That includes expert opinions on SoFi Technologies (NASDAQ:SOFI) stock, Super Group (NYSE:SGHC)going public, as well as Rivian (NASDAQ:RIVN) stock price predictions. You can find all of these details at the following links!
More Friday Stock Market News
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed
Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, https://investorplace.com/2022/01/knightscope-ipo-15-things-for-potential-kscp-stock-investors-to-know-as-shares-surge/.
©2022 InvestorPlace Media, LLC